Thursday, March 13, 2008

Aunt Verla

My great-aunt Verla passed away this morning. From what the nurse said, it was very peaceful, she just stopped breathing.

I'm so glad I took the time to go visit her this past Sunday. I didn't really WANT to (not a fan of the hospital), but I knew it would mean a lot to her. She was a little out of it, but she knew who I was and was even alert enough to ask about the babies. (She had a special spot in her heart for The Jib, because the first time she ever saw her, The Jib looked at Verla and just smiled the biggest smile you ever did see!)

If you could, please pray especially for my cousin Jamie (Verla's grand-daughter) - she took off for Florida this morning. I think it's because she didn't want to have to deal with all of the funeral arrangements. Verla's daughter Debbie (Jamie's mother) died a few years ago, and Jamie had to plan the whole funeral and everything by herself. Fortunately my aunt Debbie had already written out all of her wishes, so Jamie basically just had to check things off a list, but still... Anyway, I think Jamie is having a rough time right now in her personal life, and could really use our prayers.

On a happier note, my aunt Kathy was able to get out of bed and stand a little the other day. She's still very weak, but it sounds like she is making progress. She's even able to communicate a little using a pen & paper now, which has been a great relief to my uncle.

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow (Friday March 14), so I will probably do a post with some of our wedding pics for that. I even took a picture of myself (which is a BIG deal, I hate having my picture taken) just for Ande.

1 comment:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm SO glad you saw her on Sunday. I am forever grateful for going to see my dad the day before he passed in May 1997. Although, the circumstances around his hospital stay stunk I was glad he knew I was there. You won't regret the last time you spent with her.