Monday, March 30, 2009

Car conversations

On Friday, Bug, Puckey, Jib and I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. After we left the store, Puckey asked me if she could have a watch. (She's 3). I told her that when she was bigger we could get her a watch. Puckey kept talking about it, so then Bug said, "Puckey, I tell you what: when you can tell time, I'll get you a watch."


Oh, was Puckey ever excited! She told me, "Mom! Sissy is going to get me a pink kitty watch!" Puckey continued to giggle and squeal and tell us about the new watch she was going to get for several minutes. Then she says, "Mom, can I tell him?"


"Tell WHO?" I asked.


Her response? "TIME."


Try explaining to a 3 year old what "telling time" means sometime. HA!





5 comments:

amanda said...

for real.

why didn't people think about the kids when we made all these CRAZY english phrases??? poor girl. and poor mama... did you tell her to ask her daddy what "telling time" means? that is my go-to-reply for the tough questions right now ;)

Destini said...

Too cute! If she can track down time and tell him, also ask him to slow down a bit, he moves much too fast! :)

Devin said...

Cameron and Puckey are best friends and they don't even know it! Seriously...how do you explain those phrases? :-)

Asha said...

LOL!!! That was cute!

12-arrows said...

oh my goodness that is just so adorable! I just love it when they think so deep with their little minds.