Monday, August 20, 2007

From toothless to two teeth overnight...



Jib then...... and now
My little Jib is getting so big. It's too fast. This morning she was sporting two little stubby teeth where last night there were just smooth slobbery gums. Next thing I know she'll be crawling and then walking....ugh. I'm not ready!! Is there any way to keep her just like she is? My cute little round-headed cherub...I don't even mind changing the diapers and the occasional spit up. I love her big toothless grins (which she technically still has, since you can't really see her teeth yet), and the sweet way she smells when she snuggles up next to me. I don't even mind when she wakes up hungry at the crack of dawn some mornings. (Although don't ask me that while I'm stumbling blindly through the kitchen at 5:00am trying to make her a bottle while she's bawling her eyes out - I would probably not respond nicely.)

I wonder how long it will be before I'm sitting here thinking "we need another baby..." (Remember, we have 5 already). Fortunately, Daddy already took care of that issue, so we shouldn't ever get a suprise visit from the stork. We have talked about someday (when the big kids are out of the house probably) taking in foster kids, but that's a long way off.

Something that's not a long way off is the start of school. My wonderful mother in law took the kids on their now annual school shopping trip. I feel so fortunate to have in-laws who can, and are willing to, do things like that for the kids. And the kids love it, too. We usually get the shopping done in about an hour or so, and then we get to go to lunch. Today we went to a Mexican restaurant that my step-daughter recommended. It was VERY good (thanks Hannah, for the suggestion). We'll have to eat there again sometime. It's nice, because it's close to home and not super pricey. I love Mexican food.








No comments: