Saturday, September 15, 2007

Clearing some clutter

Ande's been itching to get our garage cleaned out and organized for months. He wants to get his tools all organized and set up a work space. He also wants me to be able to actually park in our garage. It's almost sad, our garage is big enough to easily hold 4 cars, yet the only time I was able to park in it was right when we first started moving in. Then all the boxes got put in the garage and my parking space was gone.

I've whittled away at the boxes a little bit, but realistically, I have a hard enough time keeping our house relatively clean - like I have the time (or the energy) to be out schlepping boxes around. Ande and I have come to realize that we really just have a lot of stuff we simply don't use anymore. So, since he's not currently working full time, Ande's been sorting through HIS boxes and getting stuff organized in the back of the garage. It looks much better already! We have our old couch and Bubber's old mattress set in the front of the garage, and I'm in the process of giving those to a local family in need. I had thought about trying to sell them, but frankly I think this is a much better idea. We've been fortunate enough to have been given a lot of nice things recently by members of the family who were moving or bought new stuff, so why not help someone else out? I'm feeling pretty good about it. (Added bonus, I may actually be able to fit the van in the garage after the stuff is gone)

I think I had a point when I started this post, but I started it at like 4:30am because I can't sleep and now it's nearly 6:00am and I don't really know what I wanted to say anymore. I think I'm going to try to go back to bed now. I'm sure once I fall asleep, one or both of the babies will wake up. Yippee!!

No comments: