Thursday, September 20, 2007

Makes me smile





My little Puckey just makes me smile. I mean, just look at how cute she is?!?!? Of course, I do not have a biased opinion just because she's mine. (yeah, right) Oh, and for those of you who don't know, that handsome fella in the pictures is my husband. He's pretty cute, too... I know you probably can't tell, but in the pic where they are walking away from me, Puckey has her monkey backpack/leash on - it is SO cute. I remember a guy who bags groceries at the store near where we live saw her on the "leash" and said, "Now, what kind of parent puts their kid on a leash?" I said, "I do, because it's a lot easier than trying to chase her down in the store with a cart full of groceries (and her baby sister)!" Hey, the guy's pretty young, and apparently doesn't have kids of his own...so I guess I'll let him slide. I have to admit, when I was younger and saw parents with these crazy looking harnesses on their kids, I felt bad for the kids. Then I had kids of my own. My how times have changed. Of course, the only real reason I bought the "leash" was because it's a monkey, and Puckey loves monkeys. The fact that it had another purpose other than just being cute was just an added bonus for me.
Ande just walked by and said, "She's so cool" when he saw the pictures of Puckey. It's so awesome to see the love in his eyes when he looks at her. He loves his older daughter, too, but they just never got to develop a deep connection like Ande & Puckey have. He's starting to grow a strong bond with the Jib, too. He's trying really hard to be a good dad, and I think he's doing a great job! I always knew the potential was there. (Part of the reason I married him)
I guess I didn't really have a point tonight, other than I just wanted to post those pictures. I'm a proud momma, what can I say?

3 comments:

12-arrows said...

She is adorable in her little outfit! I love to see dads with their kids, makes my heart smile! You always see moms with kids, but when you see a dad, being a real dad, now that is an awesome sight!

amanda said...

Julie, you never need to "have a point" to brag on your hubby and your cutie kids.

Its nice just to take time and reflect on our blessings... especially the ones in our families. By doing so, you cause the rest of us to do the same. So, thank you for sharing!

Julie said...

When you're as blessed as we are, it's hard NOT to brag on them!!!