Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why does there have to be so much drama?

Earlier today I wrote an email to a friend of mine. Well, I guess we're more like acquaintances now, but I used to consider her a good friend. Anyway, I wrote an email to her about something I read that she had written. She got mad about what I said, but I didn't really get it until her third reply within the email conversation. When I realized that she was mad, I asked her why, and she basically told me that I was arrogant and self-righteous. Now, not that I have NEVER acted that way before, God knows I have, but I really wasn't trying to be that way. I had actually put a lot of thought into the original email I sent in an effort to NOT sound that way. I guess it didn't work. She was apparently mad enough to remove me from her list of "friend's blogs". The issue between us is over, but it leads me to wonder, "Why does there have to be so much drama?"

6 comments:

amanda said...

oh the million dollar question...

simply put, we are all sinners, and the best of our intentions are often misunderstood. look forward, ask our Father what you can learn from it and press on.

Julie said...

That's true, Amanda - and that's just what I have done.

Real World Martha said...

I tell you email is a rough way to communicate. There is a lot of misunderstanding as so much of communication is non-verbal. I have also experienced this on my blog as well.
Blessings
Debbie aka The Real World Martha (S)
http://realworldmartha.wordpress.com

Julie said...

I guess my favorite way to communicate is written, because I'm way better with words on paper (or computer screen, as the case may be), than I am while speaking. I suppose I just need to work on my oral communication skills.

Anonymous said...

It does appear that this post alone invites drama. I'm sure your heart meant well in the email and maybe in this post... but from an outsiders stand point... this post seems to invite the opposite of what you're hoping for- DRAMA.

Julie said...

Well, anonymous, you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for visiting!