Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Under the Sea


Two oysters walk into a bar. One oyster says, "Hey, what does a mollusk have to do to get something to drink around here?" The bartender looks up and say, "Look, pal, this is a SAND bar. We only serve SAND."

Yes, it's a lame joke. But now that I have your attention, let me tell you about something that isn't a laughing matter. Did you know that eating raw oysters could cause you to become seriously ill, or even KILL you?

Because there are so many people around the world who LOVE to eat raw oysters (I am not one of those people, but I know there are people who do), this website was developed to help people understand the risks associated with consuming uncooked oysters. You can find it here: Gulf oysters. It also has some pretty tasty sounding recipes for those of us who just aren't brave enough to try something like oysters on the half shell.

I would encourage anyone who likes raw oysters to check this site out, it's pretty informative. Please remember that you can be paid to review my post by clicking the "Review my post" button below.



1 comment:

AlaneM said...

Will you keep me apprised on how the PPP thing is going? I'm thinking of trying it & would love to hear how it works for you.
THanks!!
Alane