Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm such a loser

So, in the last 2 weeks, I entered Amanda's Pay-it-forward contest, and when I LOST that one, I entered Amanda's friend, Jenn's, Pay-it-forward contest. I lost that one, too!!! MAN!! The good news is that my friend Cindy won Jenn's contest, so now SHE'LL have to have one. Maybe I'll win?!?! I might have to just continue following the chain of Pay-it-forward contests until I win!! (Because I hate to lose!)

On a completely unrelated note, Ande and I took Nans, Puckey, and The Jib to see a magic show at the Flint Public Library last night. It featured Doug Scheer, from "Scheer Genius" Productions. I have to say, I was very impressed. Mr. Scheer was very funny, had a great rapport with the kids, and was really good at what he does! If you are at all involved in scheduling assemblies for your children's school or fun activities for the children at your church, this is something you should at least check into! There are several different shows to choose from (we saw "Adventures in Reading", you know, since we were at the LIBRARY). All of the kids in the audience had a great time, as did their parents. Best part of the whole thing? Admission was FREE!

Moving on...in addition to not letting Ande push Puckey on the swings anymore, he is also no longer allowed to use the hair clippers unattended. Last week he gave himself a haircut (which he does every 2 weeks or so), and then decided to trim his eyebrows. Except he forgot the blade guard. So his eyebrows were nearly non-existent for a few days. I was reminded of the episode of "Friends" when Joey got his eyebrow waxed and then had to have Chandler fix the other one...

No, I seriously thought I was going to have to get him a set of these:
These babies are multi-purpose, too!!! Notice the packaging shows several different options. I'm digging the Tom Selleck-style moustache...LOL

There ARE actually eyebrow kits out there (I'm guessing for cancer or alopecia (sorry if I spelled it wrong) patients), which is a really cool product idea.

And for those of you who are wondering, YES, Ande's eyebrows are growing back in nicely...




3 comments:

amanda said...

sorry about the losing streak...

too bad you didn't get to draw eyebrows on Ande, (and taken pics) could've been priceless...love the stick-ons though...

maybe you will win the next one...you know, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again...valuable life lessons, Julie!!! think of looking back and teaching your little ones the value of perseverance =)

Devin said...

Oh Julie.

Your posts are always good for a laugh!

I guess, technically, I should thank Ande for the laugh though....or maybe it was the picture of Joey and the remembrance of that episode; either way, I'm dyin' on this end!

Destini said...

I'm a big loser too...we can be big losers together!

It's funny how Ande does remind me of Joey in a quirky funny kind of way...just throw a leisure suit on Joey... :)

I hope that he doesn't put you back on restriction for this!