On to today's tip:
When making a pie crust from scratch,
- refrigerate all ingredients and utensils for at least 30 minutes before starting (or use your redneck refrigerator if you don't have room...)
- use ice water
- flatten dough slightly before chilling
- roll out between sheets of waxed paper
- use whole wheat flour (it just doesn't work well in a crust)
- use the wrong beater attachment on your mixer (okay, maybe that's just my mistake)
- handle the dough any more than necessary (it makes for a tough crust)
- attempt to roll out between sheets of plastic wrap (way too sticky)
Since I missed last week, I'll give you a two/the price of one:
When making Christmas gifts for your children, make them as you get the fabric (WEEKS AGO) instead of waiting until 3 days before Christmas to START your projects. Because if you haven't finished your Christmas shopping yet and you have to spend HOURS cooped up in your room working on the aforementioned projects, you are most likely going to end up having to go shopping on Christmas Eve. And Christmas Eve is when you also need to WRAP all of the homemade and store-bought gifts. Because you totally procrastinate in just about everything you do.
I'm SO in trouble.
Note to self: email a link to this blog post to myself to be delivered in October 2009. Which I probably won't read until at least January 2010. Oh well, maybe by December 2010 I'll have my act together.
But probably not.