Friday, August 31, 2007

A tough road ahead

Today started out nice - the Jib slept until about 6:30am, Puckey until after 8:00am. (So I got a decent night's sleep) Ande got out the door on time to make his monthly drive to the main office for his employer, which is about 2 hours from here. So at about 9:30am he calls me and says, "Well, I'm on my way home..." (Which means he might have spent, oh, 10 minutes at the office) So I asked, "What happened?" and he told me that when he got to the office, the owner of the company asked him to come into the conference room. When he went in, the owner and the two co-owners were in there. The owner told him he was being laid off indefinitely, effective immediately, and that he wasn't going to give him an explanation. (Nice form, right?)

Needless to say, I burst into tears. Ande was very calm and said that he figures it must be God pushing him to move. (Ande has not been happy with his job recently, and we have been looking for other opportunities for our family) After I got off the phone with Ande, I was still crying, and my sweet little Puckey looked up at me with her dark chocolate eyes and said, "It's okay, Mamma. Don't cry." That, of course, made me cry even harder. Babies are so sweet, and right there was proof that they can sense when you're hurting.

To top things off, Ande talked to his ex today, and she is moving about an hour and a half away with his daughter. Poor Nans cries for her mom just about everytime she's here (I think because she doesn't really feel like this is "home" because she's only here 4 days a month), so what's going to happen when she comes to visit now and her mom is an hour and a half away?? We don't know when it's going to happen, but I would imagine soon. Her husband already took a job there. Ugh.

So now I sit here thinking of what God wants me to do with this situation. I know I need to trust in Him, and I am really trying hard to do that. I've never been in a position like this before, and it's freaking me out. I am thankful that my best girlfriend in the world told me that she would be happy to help financially if we need it, and my MIL said she would, too. I am just praying that it won't come to that. It's good to know that we have some support out there, though. I know our church would help out if needed as well (which is so awesome, especially since we have a REALLY small church).

Ande looks at it like it's a blessing, because he has been wanting to find something else for a while, and this is going to force him to move on that. He's got a lot of talent for doing just about anything he sets his mind to, and I know that will really work to our benefit in this situation.

For anyone reading this who prays, please include us in your prayers. It's going to be a challenge for us, but we will get through it. Thanks a lot. I hope I have good news to post here soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, Our God is a God of miracles. He already has His plan in motion and knows what the outcome will be for you and Ande. Keep trusting in him for your strength and guidance. I am confident that you will be blessed beyond measure. Let me know if there is anything Steven and I might be able to do. Love ya, Destini

Julie said...

Hey Destini-thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm feeling a bit better today, and I know that's soley because of our Lord's ability to comfort us in our times of need.

amanda said...

We will surely keep you both (all) in our prayers. You know we've been in a tough spot before, different circumstances very similar emotions. I am amazed by Ande's outlook and trust that God will certainly point you in the right direction quickly. He's real good about that, its just sometimes we aren't looking to Him for that direction, you know?

Anyway, lots of prayers for you. Praying He will give you peace in the midst of the wondering and waiting.

Julie said...

Thanks Amanda-we appreciate the prayers. Already we are seeing the wonders of God's love for us in this situation. Although he hasn't been offered a job or anything, there have been several leads given to him, by total strangers if you can believe it! We also found out that Hannah won't be moving for a while, so that was a bit of a relief as well.

Thanks again for the encouragement! Give those cuties a hug from us. Hope to get to see you soon. Puckey & Big Willie would have such fun together!!

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Whew. This is tough.

Isn't it amazing how beautiful children can be? Can you imagine how much worse it would be if you didn't have these people to be strong for. The will to create a good life for them will get you through this.

Once, I really hurt my foot. Bunny asked me to come and sit down. She told me to put my foot up for "two minutes" and looked at me with big, caring eyes, patting my raised leg until she declared, "There mama. You're all better."

You know that children are well cared for and that they feel loved when you see them reflecting it in their actions.

Julie said...

Yeah, it's because of my kids I have to keep it together. I'm glad I have them.

What a sweet story about Bunny - I hope you have it written down somewhere so you can get it out and show it off when she graduates high school.