Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's the little things

That annoy the living daylights out of me.

Like today, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things on my way home. There was a bell ringer from the Salvation Army there. Now, I understand that it must get a little monotonous standing there for several hours ringing a bell. I get that.

HOWEVER, it makes it REALLY difficult for me to want to drop any money into a bucket when the bell ringer is standing there with her cell phone attached to her ear (NO, SERIOUSLY, IT WAS HANGING ON HER EAR VIA SOME SORT OF CLIP OR SOMETHING. I don't even know how it was attached). I tried to look past the fact that she was talking on her phone, and dropped some money into the bucket.

It was at that moment that I began to feel VERY MUCH LIKE THE "GRINCH".




Not only was this girl on her phone, but she did not even bother to look at me (not even in my general direction), NOR did she say "Have a nice day" or "Thank you" or even "Thanks". She didn't even smile.

Briefly, for just a split second, I was tempted to grab the $5 that was sticking out of the hole in the bucket, just to see if the bell ringer would even notice.


3 comments:

Lolosblog said...

So sorry, but I think SHE was the one being Grinchy!

This time of year I always try to have a little jingle in my pocket so when I pass that bucket I can drop something in. I always think they think I'm bad if I don't, even thought I drop something each time. I know, I'm weird!

Julie said...

Don't feel bad, I'm the same way!

Devin said...

That is so funny. Bet your $5 that she would have never even noticed!