Friday, August 29, 2008

Interesting turn of events

Well, I am really not much into politics (mainly because I live in a state who's major political party choices usually are the opposite of mine, so when I vote it doesn't seem to make much difference). That being said, I am now intrigued by the latest news in the presidential race.

For those of you who have not heard, John McCain has chosen the Governor of Alaska as his running mate. She's a former soccer mom who hunts, fishes, and has a real blue-collar husband. They have 5 kids, the youngest of whom (born in April) has Downs Syndrome. No, it's not a typo - I said SHE. A woman "veep" candidate. SUH-WEET!

Just from the little bit I've been able to read about her, she seems like quite a spit-fire! It sounds like she is really interested in holding people accountable for their actions, and that she has a pretty much no-nonsense approach to life.

While I am not a huge fan of McCain. (I like to call him "Little Weevil"), I am even less a fan of Obama ("Big Weevil"). I will vote for McCain in the election, as a matter of conscience (You've got two Weevils, one big, one little. I like to choose the "lesser of two Weevils") because McCain is more likely to be in support of issues that are important to me and my family. Obama - well, try as he might to be a "regular guy", he's just not. Add to the fact that he supports the kinds of issues that I feel are a detriment to our country....

You don't have to agree with my choice for president (although it's beyond me why you wouldn't). I vote my morals, and encourage everyone to get out and vote theirs in November.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

4 comments:

Devin said...

Agreed--and looking forward to seeing where this woman can take McCain! :-) I think further than he would have ever been able to go with any of the other VEEP choices, that's for sure!

amanda said...

yes, very interesting...

i like your lesser of two weevils analogy, very funny =)

also I get what you are saying about the politics in your home state...very sad!

so all that's left to say is Go McCain/Palin!! (I was so afraid he was going to pick Leiberman...while good on terrorism, yikes on most other things...)

one more thing...Go Army! Her oldest son is a soldier... HOOAH!

12-arrows said...

Hilarious analogy of the "weevils". I lol! You are just too funny!

Shelly said...

i totally agree with you--especially about the weevils--hahahahaha...i'll take the lesser of two any day--especially now that he's on the same team as a pro life, conservative, nra member, warrior chick. awesome.