Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's never too early to think about it...

Christmas Shopping.

I know, it's not even September yet. If you're anything like me, though, you're wondering how you're going to be able to get a nice gift for the ones you love without breaking the bank.

Sure, you could go on "Black Friday" and stand in a line a mile long at 5:00am. (YIKES) Then you could rush your way into the store to find what you're looking for. Forget browsing, this is more like war. People get in FISTFIGHTS over things like "Tickle Me Elmo" or the newest game systems EVERY SINGLE YEAR! It's silly!

I remember going shopping on Black Friday once. ONCE. O-N-C-E. I went with my mom to Joann Fabrics at some ridiculous hour (I think it was 5:00am, but I could be wrong). I wanted to buy some flannel, because they had a SUH-WEET deal on it. Apparently everybody and their brother (well, it was mostly sisters, because guys just aren't much for Black Friday shopping, especially at a fabric/craft store...give them some time at Sears or Home Depot, and I'm sure they are thrilled, but CRAFTS? I think not.)

Anyway, so we got our fabric and stood in line. FOREVER. Seriously, I think I stood in line for like 4 hours or something. For FABRIC. Now, I love to get a good deal on stuff, but that was ridiculous! If only there'd been a website where I could find sweet deals from the comfort of my own home.

Well, now there is!! It's called Black Friday (catchy, no?) This site will show you available "Black Friday" ads from leading retailers, and will give you the opportunity to purchase these items online, instead of having to get up at the crack of dawn to get a good deal! You can even put yourself on an email list to get updates on when new ads are posted! This is a pretty cool concept, one that I am intrigued by.

From stores like Ace Harware and Harbor Freight (a personal fave of Ande's) to Babies R Us and Wal Mart, you're sure to find something you (or someone you love) can use!! I'm looking forward to the Ikea ad...it hasn't been released yet, so I think I'm going to have to get added to the email list! There's also

You can even make a shopping list right on their site! It could certainly make your Christmas shopping a little easier, couldn't it? (You could even make a list of stuff YOU want...and casually leave it for your husband or boyfriend to find...LOL)

Don't delay - check out the Circuit City ad by clicking here: circuit city ad TODAY!!!

No comments: