Thursday, August 28, 2008

OH, GARSH!!!

I feel so loved!! I have had at least 2 comments just this morning "wondering" where I was. Thanks, ladies!!! It's always good to feel wanted.

Sorry I've been absent for so long, but the last several weeks have been pretty busy. Let's see...what's been going on?

Bubber's playing Freshman football this year, so since August 11th he's been going to 2-a-days. (For those who don't know what those are, it's when the parents have to drag their kids to the football field at 8:00am, the kids practice until about 10:30am, break for about an hour or so, then back at it until about 2:00pm. Now, if I didn't have 4 other kids to contend with, it wouldn't really be a big deal. I'd be perfectly content to bring a book, my bible study, some drinks & snacks, and just hang out at the field all day. The girls' take on that? "UH, NO!" For some reason, the girls just aren't interested in watching these sweaty teenage boys doing their workouts and practices. (I have the distinct feeling that Bug & Nans will probably change their tune in a couple of years...LOL)

Ande's mom took the kids "back to school" shopping (which is awesome, because it's just about the only time at our house the kids get new clothes). It's such a blessing that Ande's mom is willing and able to do that for the kids (and us).

As of August 20th, Puckey is officially potty-training. Ande's mom bought her a potty while we were out school shopping, along with some Disney Princess panties, and the first thing she did when we got home was pee on the potty and ask to wear her new panties. Guess that was the motivation she needed? (Nevermind the fact that we had a potty seat that sits on the big toilet and several pairs of panties already...) Puckey is doing quite well with the potty training, except when I forget to take her to the bathroom. She's not yet to the point where she tells me she needs to go, but we'll get there.

Puckey is also now a three year old!! Her birthday was the 25th. We had Ande's parents and a couple of friend stop by for cupcakes and ice cream. My mom, who wasn't feeling well that night came by the next day with a gift and (much to the delight of the kids) donuts.

I was so excited to give Puckey the gift we got her - I had saved up for a while to be able to buy it, and had actually had it sitting in our bedroom for a month! I bought both Bug and Nans special dolls when they were little, and couldn't wait to do the same for Puckey. She was very happy with her new baby!!

I've been working on that Bible study I mentioned a while back, and that's been both challenging and enjoyable for me. Ande and I have had a good time discussing what I've been learning about Daniel, which is always fun. The study is about to get pretty deep, going between Daniel and Revelation, so that will be an exciting new opportunity to learn more.

Ande's mom got her new kitchen floor put in, so I'll be able to get in there and finish up what needs to be done and I'll finally be able to post the complete "After" pictures. YEAH!!

Had to take both Bug & Bubber to their respective schools for "orientation" (which pretty much consisted of them getting their schedules & locker assignments, and for Brendan, getting his school picture taken) WHO EVER HEARD OF GETTING YOUR SCHOOL PICTURE 2 WEEKS BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS??

My brother in law (the one from OK, whose girls were the ones Puckey and The Jib got their pictures done with several weeks ago) is flying in this weekend for a job interview. We're praying that the interview will go well, and that if it's God's will that they will get to move here to MI. It would be such a wonderful blessing for all the cousins to be able to grow up near each other!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that's allowed, since I'm a mom.

I can't believe that the summer is nearly over! Time has flown by so fast.

4 comments:

12-arrows said...

I know what two-a-days are. . . we are living them as well with varsity tennis. Isn't it just the best when parents can bless you with gifts for your kids, like school clothes. AWESOME! Let's try and hook up next week???? I am free everyday, Tuesday my younger kids have 1/2 day but after that it will be full days. I will give you a call. OOPS. not sure I have your number. Email it to me.

Destini said...

It's about time you posted again! Glad all is well and that you are being blessed! I love to hear how God works out the details in our lives.
Miss you and hope all continues to be well!

Devin said...

Hey, glad you're back--I've missed your musings too!

Yay for Puckey, by the way...I'll pray for quick training. I swear, I think of all the training type things I have had to do since become a mommy, potty-training is my least favorite thing. Hated it!

Can't wait to see those afters, by the way!

amanda said...

wow.

so much info there =)

oh the potty training... hope it goes well! funny what turns them on to it, huh?

I hope the interview goes well for Ben, that would be awesome to have the cousins all close!