Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Well, we're not all dead...

I don't know how many of you have heard of or read about CERN (European Organisation for Nuclear Research) or the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) that resides near the Swiss/French border. I had only recently heard of it, but it's popping up in the news all over the place today.

Scientists are looking to create a smaller version of the "Big Bang" by crashing two sub-atomic particles together to see what happens. Yeah, another case of scientists trying to prove we just "accidentally" got here. I wonder when these kinds of experiments are going to stop. Oh yeah, I know when...when Jesus returns! I'm pretty sure no one will be looking for evidence to disprove Creation then.

The funny (and slightly scary) thing about it is that OTHER scientists are afraid that this experiment will cause the destruction of our planet. They theorize that this "little bang" could cause a black hole, a vacuum, which will cause the surrounding area, or maybe even the whole earth, to virtually disappear. Great, so now in an attempt to prove how the world was created, scientists are going to destroy it? (I don't actually believe that will happen, but if it does, at least I know where I'm going...)

So, this morning (well, I guess it would have been late last night for those of us in the US), the scientists had their first "test run" of the LHC. They ran one sub-atomic particle around the nearly 17 mile underground tunnel. Apparently it was a success (meaning that it went all the way around the tunnel). The next step is to send a sub-atomic particle in the opposite direction. If that goes well, then the scientists will attempt to crash two particles together, in hope of finding what is called the Higgs Boson (a particle that has been dubbed the "God Particle", because scientists know it is everywhere, yet no one has actually FOUND it yet). Does that mean that some scientists believe there is probably a God, but they won't be sure until they SEE Him? Wow, that's a dangerous idea.

Won't it be awesome when the scientists crash the two particles together, and STILL aren't able to prove the "Big Bang" Theory true?!?! I AM interested to see what excuses they come up with as to why they can't explain their findings. It's funny all of the half-truths and outright lies scientists have told over the years to "prove" theories that dispute Creationism, especially when those lies are exposed. I don't think I've EVER heard of anyone lying to try to prove that Creation is real. You don't have to lie when you know the truth!

I know this is a bit of a departure from my normal stuff...but don't worry, I'm not going to get all scientific on you. I just found this to be interesting is all.


1 comment:

Shelly said...

i'm so glad we know that God is in control and that we may not know the timing of the last things to come--that we know the order and we KNOW what will happen--it's good to rest in His hands!