Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday Tip O' the Day

Wow, over the last few weeks I have been a total slacker when it comes to the tip o' the day. Maybe now that Christmas and New Year's have come and gone I can get back into my routine?!?

This tip comes from real life experience...

When hand-washing your "sharp as a samurai sword" apple corer, use EXTREME caution. Otherwise you might end up shearing off half of your thumbnail (the nailbed part). This will cause you to have to spend the next several days being careful not to bump your thumb or exert any pressure with it due to such actions causing extreme pain.

The upside of this incident is knowing that if anyone were to break into our home, I could use the apple corer as a weapon against them. I Ymulti-purpose kitchen tools!

6 comments:

Destini said...

I will most certainly remember that! I'd be lost without your wisdom :)

Have a great day!

Carole said...

BOTH Hubby and I did the same damn thing. That thing is wonderfully but deadly sharp. How is ur nail? Your hubby is hilariousssssss

Carole said...

Thanks for the link help i will try it

Jenny said...

Thanks for the words of advice... I think I have one of those lurking in my drawer!

Happy New Year...

amanda said...

kitchen tools are dangerous things!!! thanks for the tip, I'll be on guard!

Beck said...

OK thank you for confirming I am never allowed to buy one of those. I can cut myself on child proof scissors I'm sure I would show how put an eye out w/ an apple corer. Chuck it at a intruders head and watch what happens!